Moving Tips for Successful Moving
Moving your home or office is quite stressful, In this post, we provide some handy tips to follow, The first things you need to do a Moving is:
- Thick marking pen
- Bubble wrap
- Newspaper and tissue paper
- Packing tape and scissors
- Tape measure
Use strong boxes and containers that can be secured tightly. Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobe, and other special items. Make sure that any of your prospective moving companies would be able to recognize your fragile items by labeling it very large on the box. It is really important to choose the right company in order to not have problems during your move.
Also, Read Packing Guide
Pack audio-video equipment in their original boxes. Label cables and tighten transit screws. If removing screws, tape them to the objects they are removed from
Label your boxes
- Which room it should go in?
- Whether it is fragile?
- If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first?
Also, follow these simple steps
- Use a felt pen to clearly label each carton as to its general contents and the room it is to be placed in at destination. Label on the side of each carton rather than on the top so that cartons in stacks can be identified. If a carton is packed in a manner that requires it to be always kept in an upright position, draw arrows on each side indicating which end must always be kept up. Any cartons containing particularly fragile items should be labeled as such.
- Cushion contents all of your boxes with packing material such as bubble wrap, newspaper, or tissue paper. Save room by using towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
- Have rugs and draperies cleaned before moving and leave them in wrappings for the move?
- Pack medicines in a leak-proof container.
- Carry all valuables with you.
Packing your boxes
If you plan ahead you may be able to save money by obtaining cartons from other sources such as friends who have recently moved and/or stores. Starting to collect cartons a month or two prior to your move will probably make it possible to obtain enough cartons.
Also, read “Tips for relocation in UAE”
Have a variety of different sized boxes on hand. Heavy items such as books, record albums, canned food, etc. should be put in smaller cartons. Some items such as large pictures, mirrors, glass tops, and shelves, clocks, and mattresses may require special cartons that the movers will be able to provide.
Room by room
Packing can appear to be an insurmountable task when viewed from the perspective of the entire house. Packing one room at a time (and staying with that room until it is fully packed) has the effect of dividing the overall task into several smaller and more manageable tasks. This approach also makes it possible to set realistic goals, i.e. pack the dining room today, the kitchen tomorrow, etc.
Taping the bottom of cartons before filling them prevents the contents from spilling out the bottom during the move and always place the heavier items at the bottom and the lighter items on top to prevent damage during Movers and Packers UAE or anywhere in the world.
- All breakable items should be wrapped individually in paper. The paper should be used to cushion the bottom, sides, and top of cartons.
- When packing breakables such as crockery, stack vertically as if in a sink drain; glasses and stemware should be placed in an upright position; again, use plenty of paper on all fragile and breakable items.
- Never overfill the boxes. Cartons with items sticking over the top cannot be properly closed or stacked; cartons that are underfilled tend to crush when stacked. Always make sure each carton is filled totally to the top before closing. A small space at the top can be filled with paper, a towel, a blanket, or other similar items.
- Cartons should be closed-top and sealed with tape to prevent damage and make stacking easier.